What’s better than a warm, tasty, golden morsel to warm up your rainy day! These broccoli and cauliflower medallions are my new go-to comfort food. Luckily they are packed full of veggies and not so bad for the waistline.
Broccoli and cauliflower medallions | Vegan gluten free recipe
Author: The Power Plant
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 6
Recipe type: Snacks, Finger food, Sides
Delicious, hot and creamy vegan vegetable medallions. Yum!
- 200 g broccoli
- 200 g cauliflower
- 1 medium red onion (130 g)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp The Vegg + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder (I use Massel)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 50 g coconut flour
- 50 g millet flour
- 1 tsp olive oil for greasing the baking tray
- Oil for pan frying or deep frying
- Wash, then chop the broccoli and cauliflower and steam until semi-soft (don’t overcook!). Once cooked set aside.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion and parsley to the blender and mix to combine. Be careful not to create a paste. Pop the mixture into a bowl.
- In the blender add The Vegg and water and mix.
- Add tahini, mix again.
- Place the flours + powder vegetable stock in another bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the flours to the veggie mix, then add the wet ingredients and mix it by hand to make the mixture come together.
- Rest the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- After the mixture has rested shape medallions with your hands by squeezing the mix into a desired shape (if you try to roll them they will fall apart).
- Grease an oven proof tray and pop the medallions in the tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. If you’re feeling adventurous shallow fry them or deep fry. (If you do the latter please know the calories listed are for baked medallions).
- Serve with a salad and dipping sauce.