This is a light and moist bliss ball using prunes instead of dates. I created the bliss ball recipe from items I had in the kitchen, you could say it was an inspired moment brought along by my (unusual) craving for something sweet. Apart from prunes (and raisins in Pura Veda) there are no other sweeteners so these bliss balls and good for someone who isn’t a huge fan of the sugar hit that dates provide.
Pura Veda vegan bliss ball recipe
- Serves: 30
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Protein: 3
- 450gm prunes
- 500gm Pura Veda
- 150gm walnuts (exclude nuts if you have an allergy)
- 50gm shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Soak prunes and walnuts overnight. I soaked them in separate bowls.
- Add the drained walnuts, Pura Veda and tahini into a food processor.
- The prunes will be watery so add a few few of them at a time into the food processor mixture (I added half, then a quarter, then the rest).
- Mix until the mixture is blended. You don’t want paste so keep an eye on it.
- Add water if needed – the prunes were quite watery so my mixture didn’t need additional liquid.
- Stir the coconut through the mixture.
- Roll in balls and serve.
For a sweeter finish add some dates or agave syrup. If adding syrup make sure you don’t make the mixture too wet.
Add cacao or cacao nibsfor a chocolaty version.
You can also add oats or dried fruit if you wish.