This raw vegan ravioli recipe is so easy to make and it results in a delicious meal. I could eat this all day, it was super tasty.
In Croatia we use the salt technique to draw out fluid (and bitterness) from cucumbers, eggplant and onions. I thought it would be the perfect thing to make a soft ‘pasta’ for my ravioli.
- 50 g sundried tomatoes
- 35 g soaked cashews (wet weight)
- pinch of parsley
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers
- Soak the cashews overnight in filtered water.
- Drain the cashews, place in blender with sundried tomatoes and parsley.Mix until you the ingredients make a pate.
- In the meantime, peel the cucumbers and slice them thinly (I use a mandolin slicer).
- Put the cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt, liberally. This will draw out the water and soften them.
- Rest the salt covered cucumbers for 30 minutes.
- When you come back, rinse the cucumbers in water.
- Squeeze the cucumbers to remove fluid.
- Place a slice on a plate, fill with pate and place another slice on top. Some of my slicer were very thing so I placed two in order to cover the filling.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with oil from sundried tomatoes.
Some closeups of my raw vegan ravioli – doesn’t that look delish?!