Yummy, creamy, herby and delicious! Baked corn with garlic, ginger and herbs is pretty much the best addition to a BBQ, a picnic or a Sunday brunch.
Ever since my hubby got his first BBQ we have been getting creative with the assortment of veggies we can cook. As our confidence grew and so did our creativity. This recipe is the piece de resistance – chilli, ginger, garlic and herbs galore. I actually prepared this particular dish in the oven because I don’t know how to use the monstrous BBQ we have now, but you can easily pop in on the grill instead of the oven.
This corn dish is lovely hot or cold. If you’re feeling zesty add some lemon or lime juice according to taste.
- 2 whole corn on the cob
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- ⅓ green chilli
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the corn cobs into 2, so you get 4 pieces.
- Chop the herbs.
- Chop the chilli (discard seeds).
- Peel and finely grate ginger.
- In a bowl combine oil, herbs, chilli, salt and ginger.
- Lay out 2 squares of aluminium foil. Place 2 pieces of corn in each foil and top with herb mixture.
- Tightly seal the foil and pop in a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.