Hearty, simple and delicious, this pumpkin gnocchi and portobello mushroom combo is the perfect winter food. Recipe is vegan gluten free.
There is a little bit of preparation involved with the roasting of the pumpkin but I do love the flavour that this bring to the dish. If you don’t have time to roast the pumpkin you can use sweet potato or white potato instead.
If you don’t have portobello mushrooms you can use button mushrooms or any other kind you have on hand.
- 300 g potato
- 300 g pumpkin
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Roast the pumpkin in the oven for about 40 minutes on 180 degrees.
- Peel and cube the potatoes then boil in filtered water.
- Mash or puree the pumpkin and potato.
- Add flours, flax and salt to the puree.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Boil some water and add a pinch of salt.
- Pop the dough on a floured surface (I used some rice flour) and roll out long strips of dough, about 2 cm thick.
- Cut the dough strips into 2 cm pieces.
- Push a fork down on each piece. A clean fork works best.
- Once the water is boiling drop 10 pieces of dough into the water at a time.
- When you see the gnocchi rise up to the surface it means they are done.
- Scoop them up and place in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add chopped mushrooms.
- Sautee until the liquid is cooked off, then add salt.
- Add mushrooms to the gnocchi, stir carefully. Add chopped parsley and serve.