This is the tasty raw vegan cheesy garlic sauce I used on my luleki dish. It’s quick and easy to make and works beautifully on pasta, salads, chips or veggies.
I like recipes that are easy, and this is definitely one those. If you don’t have time to soak the cashews overnight you can soak them in boiling water for an hour to soften them (do note they will lose some of their sweetness). Once you have soaked cashews the rest is fairly easy – it’s an all-items-in-the-blender affair and all you have to do is blend until all ingredients are combined.
- 1½ cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder (I use Massel)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, according to taste
- 1 tsp salt (add less and see if it needs more)
- Soak cashews overnight in filtered water.
- Drain cashews and add all ingredients to a high speed blender (I have a Cuisineart and I used a puree setting).
- Check the taste and add more lemon juice or salt if desired.
- Pour over veggies, pasta, salad or serve as a dip for chips.