Tasty and moist vegan gluten free banana cake recipe with no added sugar or oil. This recipe is a one-bowl recipe and the cakes are done from start to finish in just over 30 minutes.
I had a few ripe bananas and a hubby who keeps asking for sweets. I’m not much of a dessert girl so I rarely make cakes and I felt it was the right time to make some sweets so hubby can enjoy. I used five bananas in this recipe which meant that I could use a smaller amount of liquid (1 cup). I didn’t have any mylk so I just used water.
The cakes came out lovely and moist and were beautiful warm. They didn’t fall apart or crumble, even though I didn’t bother making a flax egg (I just added ground flax into the bowl dry). We had these the next day for breakfast and they were very tasty.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 cake
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 5
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 5 bananas (approximately 470g)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp tahini (I used unhulled)
- 3 tsp ground flax seeds
- 4 tbsp agave syrup (I used dark)
- 2 tsp arrowroot (tapioca flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add bananas to a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake papers in a muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes and check if they are done.