There is something so decadent and absolutely delicious about the thought of warm savoury crepes on a cold autumn morning. This vegan gluten free savoury crepe recipe will be the only one you’ll ever need.
If you’re like me you’re always looking for quick and easy meal recipes. I have been a fan of crepes since I can remember – in Croatia we have them as desserts pretty much every week. I learned to make crepes when I was still in primary school and I must admit I don’t use a recipe. I have been making them for so long that I know the batter is correct by feeling the liquid swoosh around in the ladle.
The vegan gluten free crepe is not as soft as the vegetarian version but it is just as (if not more) delicious. It needs to be eaten warm and just as you cook it, after a day or so it becomes hard and not so yummy.
For the filling I used silken tofu and sundried tomatoes as main ingredients and then I added everything else according to taste. You can easily add avocado, cherry tomatoes and anything else that strikes your fancy.
The crepe batter isn’t savoury, the filling is, so you can use this batter for a sweet crepe as well.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot (tapioca) flour
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 packet silken tofu (about 250g)
- 8 sundried tomatoes
- 3 gherkins, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix on high.
- Lightly oil a pan and heat.
- Pour the crepe batter into the pan (1 ladle).
- Turn the crepe when you see the crepe is starting to firm up.
- Flip and cook for a minute or so.
- Make sure you stack the crepes on a plate, and keep stacking until the last one is done. This ensures the steam will keep them all warm.Then flip the stack before you fill them.
- Add everything to your blender and mix until smooth, then fill the crepes and serve.