My husband hates eggplant. There is nothing I can do to get him to eat eggplant. I’ve tried it in stir fries, on pizza, in soups – you name it. No go.
And then one day I remembered the way my mother makes her BBQ eggplant with pesto and I thought – I could give this a go!
I washed and sliced the eggplant, oiled it and placed on the BBQ. Then when it was done I topped it with the salty sundried tomato mixture I made while the eggplant was cooking. We used the eggplant as an addition to vegan burgers, my way of sneaking it into hubby’s food.
The result: one happy, eggplant loving husband! Mission accomplished 🙂
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1 cm wide discs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 15 sundried tomatoes
- 10 tbsp oil from the sundried tomato jar
- 1 garlic clove
- handful fresh basil, washed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- sprinkle of chilli (optional)
- Wash the eggplant
- Slice into rings
- Brush with oil
- Pop everything in a blender until you have a paste
- Then place on top of each eggplant slice