BBQ weather is upon us so it’s perfect time that we perfect a vegan gluten free burger patty recipe. I’m often asked what vegans grill on the BBQ so I’m happy to share this recipe with you all.
This is gorgeous and light vegan gluten free burger patty recipe is perfect for your next barbeque. I used a mixture of zucchini and chickpeas, celery and spring onions to give a lovely texture to the patty.
It’s very easy to prepare – just mix everything together and grill on the BBQ. Top with grilled eggplant for a delicious flavour combination.
- 4 zuchini, washed and peeled
- 3 cans chickpeas
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 cup rice breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock powder (I use Massel)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup olive or coconut oil
- Add all indigents to a food processor and mix until combined.
- Shape the patties and grill on the BBQ or bake in the oven until they are brown.
- Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!